Wet and Dry Riser Testing
Severe penalties could be imposed should the dry riser fail to work in the event of an emergency. Risers should therefore be inspected and serviced annually to BS9990:2006.
The annual testing and maintenance of both Dry and Wet Risers is the responsibility of the property owners or managing agents.
British Standard 9990:2006 recommends that the system is visually inspected every 6 months, and serviced annually to ensure that the equipment is ready for immediate use in an emergency.
In addition, it is recommended that a ‘full wet test’ be carried out annually, comprising of a wet pressure test to 150 PSI or 10 Bar subjecting the mains to a full working test.
Buildings above 18 metres tall will have dry risers, Buildings above 60 metres will have wet risers.
- Testing carried out to BS9990:2006.
- Supply full range of products for new and existing systems.
- Servicing arranged around times convenient to the customer.
- Minimum disruption to working environment.
- Service work carried out in line with building’s fire risk assessment and fire certificate.